Core Workshop Agenda
**Please note that the afternoon session times are listed in brackets**
8:00 a.m. (12:30 p.m.)
|8:30 a.m. (1:00 p.m.)||
John H. Lake (Lake Geological Consulting Ltd.) and Arden Marsh (Saskatchewan Geological Survey)
Ordovician Red River Formation Core Study in the Williston Basin of Southeast Saskatchewan
|8:50 a.m. (1:20 p.m.)||
Megan Frederick (K + S Potash Canada)
Industry Perspective of the Middle Devonian Prairie Evaporite Formation of Southern Saskatchewan
|9:10 a.m. (1:40 p.m.)||
Scott G. MacKnight and Stephen L. Bend (University of Regina)
The Lodgepole Formation Souris Valley Beds: Key Sedimentological Features Used to Characterize Source Rocks and Self-Sourced Unconventional Reservoirs
|9:30 a.m. (2:00 a.m.)||
Presenters at Core (coffee and snacks available)
|10:15 a.m. (2:45 p.m.)||
Carson J. Renaud and Michael J. Blair (Crescent Point)
Sedimentology and Diagenesis of the Lower Shaunavon: New Ideas on an Old Ramp
|10:35 a.m. (3:05 p.m.)||
Peter Hill (Saskatchewan Geological Survey) and Osman Salad Hersi (University of Regina)
Depositional Controls on Various Reservoirs within the Middle Jurassic Upper Shaunavon Member Reservoirs in Southwestern Saskatchewan
|10:55 a.m. (3:25 p.m.)||
Thomas R. Jean and Shahin E. Dashtgard (Simon Fraser University)
The eastern flank: Resolving the architecture of the McMurray Sub-Basin near the subcrop edge of the McMurray Formation
|11:15 a.m. (3:45 p.m.)||Presenters at Core|
- Cost: $150CAD
- Date: May 2nd, 2017
- The workshop will consist of several presentations of current interest to industry as well there will be opportunity for delegates to view the core and to discuss with presenters;
- Two sessions available (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) with each session limited to 50 delegates.
In order to register for the Core Workshop you must be registered for the conference.
- Cancellations or amendments to registration must be submitted in writing via email or fax. Phone requests will not be accepted.
- Cancellation refunds requested on or before March 1, 2017 will be subject to a 15% cancellation fee.
- Cancellation refunds requested after March 1, 2017 and on or before April 1, 2017 will be subject to a 50% cancellation fee.
- Requests for refunds received after April 1, 2017 will not be considered unless they are based on well substantiated compassionate grounds.